“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
It’s been a while since I posted on my blog because I was completely immersed in a 6 week nutrition certification program. It was interesting and enlightening. I learned a lot about nutrition fundamentals, diet related diseases, and a scientific approach to analyzing health information which I’ll share in a future post.
Learning is a way to open our minds, sharpen our brain, and challenge ourselves. It gets us out of our normal routine and presents us with new opportunities. I love being a perennial student. It’s how we grow – whether it’s taking academic courses, creative classes, or lessons in life. Taking time to reflect and sharing with others helps to practice what we’ve learned. So here are a few healthy tidbits:
- Nutrients work together like a symphony in a synergistic process to optimize their effects
- A whole plant-based diet provides a full spectrum of nutrients working together to enhance health
- Eating all colors of the rainbow is a way to maximize antioxidants and encourage creative cuisine
- Organic vegetables and fruits are free of pesticides, herbicides, toxins, and genetically modified foods
- Teaching kids to garden is a great way to get them to love vegetables
- Appreciate the abundance of nature and savor each delicious bite!
(The creative, yummy lotus hummus dish was created by my friend, Susan.)